Discover Danville Association is a collective group of Danville businesses which seek to improve the economic vibrancy, town centricity and tourism while maintaining the village atmosphere.
We are accomplishing this by working with local government and like focused organizations to drive progressive change in the business and economic development of the town.
With other East Bay locales spending much time, energy and money on the revitalization of their downtown areas, there is increased competition for the time and attention of residents of the tri-valley area, particularly Danville, Alamo, Diablo, and San Ramon. This competition is pulling our local residents away from Danville’s potential as a shopping and recreational destination.
To keep these local residents invested in supporting Danville we must increase awareness of Danville’s shopping value, pedestrian safety, recreational viability and appealing charm with East Bay consumers. The vision is an attractive, vibrant downtown lined with flowers, benches and lighted trees, bustling with local residents shopping in the many interesting shops in Danville’s charming atmosphere or as our Association’s slogan suggests “small town charm, sophisticated choices”.
“Discover Danville” is a 501c(6) non-profit business and community benefit California corporation. We have been granted by the Town of Danville business promotion funds to help promote and brand the Town of Danville. These funds are earmarked for the following activities and campaigns under the shop, dine and play theme:
Benefits of Membership
Discover Danville Association offers its members
• First priority to participate in its events, including wine strolls and street festivals
• Advertising discounts through media partners including Diablo Magazine and Bay Area News Group
• “Merchant at the Market” marketing opportunity at the Danville Farmer’s Market (restrictions apply as outlined in Guidelines
• Invitation to social media and marketing programs in conjunction with the Town of Danville and Danville Area Chamber of Commerce
• Collaboration in programs and events to promote Danville as a Shop, Dine, Play destination
Board of Directors & Officers
President - Marcia Harmon, Cottage Jewel
Vice President, Membership - Joe Depaoli, Castle Management
Secretary - Cindy Peters, Northside Service Company
Treasurer - Rick Hirshberg, Rick’s Picks
Executive Director - Lani Aurelius, LaniStudio